Center for Healthy Work Research Network
The UIC Center for Healthy Work is seeking investigators with active research projects to serve in the Center for Healthy Work Research Network.
We are a research and education center established in 2016 to advance the health and well-being of workers in Chicago, the state of Illinois, and the nation. Our Center is one of six Centers of Excellence for Total Worker Health®, funded by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. The Center's mission is to remove barriers that impact the health of low-wage workers in the increasingly contingent workforce by identifying and promoting employment programs, practices, and policies that will improve worker and community health.
Benefits to the Network include:
- Collaborative relationships with investigators across the UIC School of Public Health
- Existing venue and network to deliver webinars and presentations on your research
- Staff time focused on translating your publications into publicly available research briefs
- Use of Center for Healthy Work logo, branding, and graphic design elements on distribution materials
- Dedicated page to describe your research activities, promote news and events on the Center for Healthy Work’s webpage: https://healthywork.uic.edu/
Eligible research project foci include those studying:
- Worker health and safety, industrial hygiene
- Workforce research, re-skilling/re-tooling of labor
- Co-operative workforce models
- Community and economic development
- Opioid and other substance use disorders and their relation to employment
- Workplace mental health and well-being
- Future of work and healthy work design
- Gender and employment
- Race and employment
- Employment in rural/suburban/urban communities
- Technology, automation, and artificial intelligence at work
Research project foci may also include research outside of the field, with an emphasis on participatory research and breaking silos.
If you are interested in your research project being networked with the Center for Healthy Work or have any questions, please contact Liz Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, college/department, and a brief description of your research project/link to website.