A WHO/IOSH webinar: World Patient Safety Day 2020: Joint action for health worker safety
September 18, 2020
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Chicago, IL 60612
CalendarDownload iCal File
The webinar will highlight the outcomes of the 2020 World Patient Safety Day, the global campaign for health worker safety and the calls for action by international organizations, occupational health practitioners, professional associations, and trade unions to scale up efforts and sustain partnerships for protecting health, safety and wellbeing of all health workers, everywhere, all the time.
This session will be hosted by Andrew Sharman, President of the Institution of Occupational safety and Health (IOSH) and Maria Neira, Director in the World Health Organization (WHO).
This webinar will be in English with simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and French.
- World Patient Safety 2020: Speak up for health worker safety! - Neelam Dhingra-Kumar, WHO
Policies, programmes and tools for occupational health for health workers - Ivan D. Ivanov, WHO
- Decent work and safe working conditions for all health workers – Christiane Wiskow, International Labour Organization
- Labour rights and unions for worker health and safety in the health sector - Baba Aye, Public Service International
Nurses and nursing practices for health worker safety - Hoi Shan Fokeladeh, International Council of Nurses
- Occupational health science and practice for protecting health workers – Gwen Brachman, International Commission on Occupational Health
- Occupational safety and health practitioners for health worker safety – Julia Johnston, IOSH Health and Social Care Committee
This webinar will be available in English, French and Spanish.
Sep 14, 2020
Sep 14, 2020