Center for Healthy Work Research Network
Description Heading link
The UIC Center for Healthy Works Research Network aims to connect academic and industry researchers in Chicago who are conducting research on the future of work and the connection between work and health, particularly low-wage or precarious work.
The Research Network works collaboratively with the Center to identify emerging trends related to the future of work and to promote best practices to improve worker health and safety.
Current and past Research Network projects include:
- Boone County Work, Mental Health, and Substance Use Study
- Employment Quality and Health Behaviors in the Aftermath of COVID-19
- Precarious Employment as a Determinant of Overweight and Cardiometabolic Risk
- Worker Center Remote Operations, Informal Learning Needs, and Practices during COVID-19
- Workplace Harassment, Macro-Level Stressors, Substance Use and Health Outcomes: A Long-Term Follow-Up